With the New Year most people have the BEST intentions to exercise more and to reach or maintain “their Healthy Weight”. I have found over the years that most people fall off the preverbal resolution wagon around March. We all know the “secret” to weight loss – eat less and exercise more – I know this is shocking stuff here.
But by adopting healthy eating habits and by incorporating a regular exercise regime, you will surely loss weight, have a refreshed amount of energy, and will feel satisfied by the nutritious foods that you are consuming. By maintaining these healthy habits once you have achieved your “healthy weight”, you will be able to sustain this desired weight for the long haul. Here are some healthy tips to get you on track:
- Avoid artificial sweenteners and synthetic fat substitutes. They are unhealthy for you and don’t help develop healthy eating habits.
- Fat burning herbs are usually just stimulants – don’t rely on them. Once you stop taking them, the pounds will surely return.
- Build lean body mass. Strength training has many health benefits but for weight loss goals it burns additional calories and influences the way your brain regulates hunger. This helps to make you less susceptible to food cravings.
- Pay attention to the mental and spiritual aspects of weight control – food triggers. Use relaxation techniques INSTEAD OF FOOD to combat anxiety.
- Accept YOU and YOUR BODY. You may see it as less than perfect, but it is you and you are amazing just the same!
If you are interested in more personalized help to achieve your nutrition, fitness or stress management goals for 2015 please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. In Good Health!