We are almost at the week mark from Thanksgiving Day where most of us gorged on food throughout the day. You might be feeling like you ate enough turkey for the rest of the year and you don’t want to see another turkey for 365 days. If that you you, I have the recipe you need for these chilly autumn days weather you are experiencing rain in the Northwest or snow in the Midwest. This soup will be the perfect combination of simple staples you have in your fridge and pantry and trust me your family will Gobble up this delicious nutritious soup!
Here is what you will need:
- Stock – fresh stock from the turkey or any store bought stock will work
- Turkey – dark or white meat again what you have left over
- 1 bag frozen corn ( I prefer organic)
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 whole bell pepper chopped ( I prefer red, or orange for the pop of color)
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 1 jalapeno peper diced
- shredded cheese, plain greek yogurt, avocado and tortilla chips to add to as garnish
Throw everything except the garnish ingredients into a large pot, left it simmer about 20 minutes all together and poof you have a delicious and nutritious soup. Trust me you won’t feel like you are having ANOTHER turkey dinner, and even my 5 year old who is very skeptical about most soups dove in and ate his entire bowl.
I hope this nutritous soup fills your belly and keeps you warm on these chilly days November.
If you need extra help or personalized support to help you achieve your nutrition and fitness goals please reach out to me at email@example.com to receive your complimentary consultation.
In Good Health!