Do you find that snacks are your nutritional downfall and you are reaching for chips or snacks from the office vending machine? You are not alone, if you haven’t planned out your snacks you might be like most of us that fall into the pit hole of reaching for the easy and not always healthy foods. Here are 6 easy, healthy and portable snack ideas that won’t wreak havoc on your weight goals:
- Seasonal fruit with good quality yogurt and freshly ground flaxseed.
- Whole-grain crackers with cheese or smoked salmon.
- A small handful of raw or lightly roasted nuts.
- Toasted whole wheat pita with some hummus.
- A hardboiled egg (look for omega-3 enriched eggs for added nutritional value) sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Fresh vegetables with high quality yogurt – add fresh herbs to add more flavor.
With the addition of healthy snacks and correct portioned meals your blood glucose with stay stable throughout the day. With this added stability you will have the additional energy you desire and will be on the path of reaching your health and wellness goals!